Data is Not Wisdom
Are You Too Connected?
- Do you hug your business too much?
- Are you connected, but alone? (Shelly Turkle – TED)
The Difference Between Data and Wisdom
- Consuming data is NOT wisdom.
- Wisdom is not transferable.
- Wisdom is not just knowledge.
- Data -> knowledge -> ? -> wisdom.
- Ingredients for a cake do not make a cake.
Facebook Will Not Make You a Genius
- Spend time in solitude.
- Use both sides of your brain by using meditation and spending solitary, creative time.
- Write a novel. It doesn’t matter whether or not it is published. The processes your brain goes through to do this will change you. This is not true of non-fiction. You must write fiction.
- You can start with poetry, or painting, or crafting, and move to long fiction later… but start taking time to be creative.
Good Little Consumers
- Marketing is fabulous, and buying things is stupendous… BUT… you need to take time out of your day when your brain is not following this line of thought. Fast thought and triggered reactions do not lead to wisdom. Get triggered and buy something cool, THEN spend some time alone and actually (crazy idea alert) go through the course you just bought, mull it over and process it. Think about how you can use it, and what it means. Develop wisdom.
- Stop looking for reflections of who you MIGHT be, and find out who you actually ARE!
The audio skips a few syllables and puts in a couple of random noises, but I have faith in you. You can work it out.