Latest posts by Rebecca Woodhead (see all)
- Are You a Fruit Fly Or an Oak Tree? – 17/07/2014
- Hello Again! Some Lessons on Blogging on Social Media… – 25/01/2014
- Get Traffic to Your Blog, Stop Writer’s Block, and Make Money – 01/06/2013
- The Starving Writer: Why is it Not a Myth? – 28/05/2013
- Are You a Roundhead or a Cavallier? – 14/05/2013
According to Mashable, a horror flick is about to be launched about two maintenance workers at CERN, who were zombiefied during the recent Large Hadron Collider experiments and are now on a mission to find physicists with tasty brainz. What if they were not the only zombies out there? What if the 2012 predictions were true, and the zombies are already amongst us? What if you’re a zombie and you don’t even know it?
SPOILER ALERT! If you haven’t watched The Sixth Sense, skip this paragraph because I’m about to spoil it. If you have watched the film, do you remember the twist? He was a ghost all along. He just didn’t know it. How freaky was that? The thing that he was trying to track down, and the problem he was trying to solve outside of himself was actually INSIDE himself all along. He was the problem, he just couldn’t see it.
What if you’re the zombie in your own life? What if your brain has already turned on you, and scrambled your wiring so that you can’t think for yourself any more? If it has, you won’t even know about it until someone points it out to you. Fortunately, once you recognise you’re being a zombie, there are easy steps to recovery. You need not eat brains at any point.
- Diagnose your zombietude. If you work in an online business, do you mindlessly quote and edify industry ‘gurus’, even if something in your gut tells you that they are not doing the right thing? If you’re a writer, do you mindlessly suck up to people in the publishing industry in the same way? How do you feel about saying how you REALLY feel about their theories? If you knew in your heart that it would be a far better thing if you wrote a blog post about the subject and gave your own clear and unhypey advice, would you do it, and risk the wrath of the ‘leaders’? If not … you’re a zombie. A zombie is someone who is mindless, because they have allowed their brain to be eaten by others. They no longer have the capacity for independent thought.
- Decide to change. You are not doomed. If you had fully transitioned into the ways of the zombie herd, you would not be able to read this far. The moment that I challenged your leader (which, of course, I didn’t. This is completely generic) you would have stopped reading. Zombies only hear the frequency of their Zombie Overlord/Overlady. Anything else evokes a strange and dramatic mass-attack response. You are not one of them. You can think for yourself. You CAN decide to change.
- Realise that no leader or gatekeeper defines you. It is crucial to develop your own sense of self. This is common sense, but you’d be amazed how uncommon it is to find common sense these days. The online world is awash with hype. Recognise your own skills and characteristics. Realise that those skills and characteristics are unique, and that they deserve to be shared.
- In the process of developing your sense of self, do some serious work on your brain. You need to re-program it so that it is powerful enough to see beyond temporary problems, and will obey YOU rather than some external authority figure. One of the best courses to get you reacquainted with your mind is Ray Higdon’s Power Mind. If you’re here on ‘Black Friday’ you can get is for a total pittance through this link. If you missed that, don’t worry … I have a special, deeply discounted, rate available on that course if you go through my link.
- Realise that you cannot be all things to all people, but you can be the best version of yourself. When you are the best version of yourself, and you share that with the people who most need to hear from you, everything can change. Even if the zombie Apocolypse HAS already happened, there is no reason for you to be one of the zombies.
Leave your thoughts in the comments, and share this with others if you have found it interesting. Do you recognise yourself in this, or do you know others who may have the zombie virus? Share your thoughts.